Patron Services Associate
Patron Services Associates are responsible for overseeing the African American Museum of Iowa’s front-of-house operations on Saturdays and during event rentals and some programs. This part-time position reports to the Director of Operations. Scheduling is flexible and includes working on weekends, evenings, and some weekdays to cover events and facility rentals. Patron Services Associates are required to work every Saturday from 9:45am to 4:15pm. This position pays $9-10/hour.
High school diploma preferred. Must be at least 18 years old. Customer service, cash register, and Microsoft Office experience preferred. The ideal candidate should be self-directed, organized, outgoing, and dependable. The candidate should be attentive to detail and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to lift 40 pounds and have the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Be responsible for the Museum on Saturdays and during facility rentals. This includes opening the facility, managing the front desk/store, and following all security policies and procedures.
- Accurately track and record all sales including merchandise and admissions.
- Ensure compliance with facility rental contracts and regulations.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all patrons.
- Provide accurate information about the Museum and its offerings.
- Assist in setting up facilities for events and rentals.
- Proactively maintain clean and organized public spaces and work areas.
- Supervise volunteer Front Desk Attendants, as needed.
- Assist with various clerical and administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. This position is open until filled. For more information about the Museum, visit our website at blackiowa.org. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.